What is Assisted Living?
Maintain independence and privacy while gaining daily living assistance as needed. At Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio, our assisted living communities offer a variety of spacious studio and 1-bedroom apartments along with many additional services and amenities. Gain the support you need in a community of friends and caring professionals.
Assisted living provides care to seniors who are no longer able to live safely alone at home. Often, older adults move into an assisted living community after they experience a hospitalization or illness. Many others move before an incident to help ensure they have the care, assistance and accommodations they need to maintain an active, healthy and safe lifestyle into the future. Assisted living provides peace of mind and security knowing professional care is there when needed.
Neighbors Caring for Neighbors at MHCO
- Enjoy peace of mind living in a safe and secure community with a faith-based approach of “neighbor caring for neighbor.”
- Gain assurance that professional care and daily assistance is there when needed.
- Alleviate loneliness with life-enriching activities and dining with friends on a daily basis.
Our Assisted Living Services
- Apartments furnished and decorated with your own belongings to personalize your new home
- Wellness services and 24-hour staff support
- Three nutritiously balanced meals a day included
- Personal care including bathing and dressing assistance, if needed
- Maintenance of apartment and appliances included
- Weekly laundering of bed linens, towels and personal items included
- Apartment cleaning included
- Emergency call systems in all apartments
- Medication assistance available
- Life enrichment programs and social activities throughout the week
- Scheduled transportation available
- Specialized memory care apartments and programming available
- Priority admission to our skilled nursing and rehab center, if the need arises
Respite Care at MHCO
Respite care provides primary caregivers the break they have been searching for. MHCO elders who stay for a respite visit can experience first-hand the facility, enjoy a meal and meet friends, making the transition from home to an assisted living facility smoother in the future. Respite care services are offered at Mennonite Memorial Home and Maple Crest.
- Respite care provides primary caregivers a break to visit family, go on vacation or tend to a medical need.
- Respite care elders can get specialized care, such as therapy services, during their stay.
- Respite care is designed for short-term stays; residents can stay up to 30 days or longer by making their apartment their new home.
- Respite care allows seniors to immerse in a unique culture and gain insider knowledge of what living in a senior living community is like.