Through prayer, time & talent, wisdom and financial support, there are many ways individuals and organizations support our mission at Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio. Our rich heritage and decades-old reputation of providing quality care comes from this support and community involvement. For all you do, we say “thank you” and invite you to help us continue this tradition.
“We pledge our continued support of MHCO for both its purpose and its promise: its purpose in serving the current needs of the elders in our community, and the comfort of its promise to serve our future needs.”
–Romaine & Don Pannabecker, community members
Brighter Lives Campaign
The Brighter Lives Annual Campaign is an important source of funds that support capital projects, activities and programs that enhance the lives of the elders and children who are part of Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio. Over $721,000 has been contributed to Brighter Lives since 2015.
Funds have been used to:
- Support the benevolent care fund, which helps cover the cost of care for clients without the ability to pay privately and without access to other sources of funds.
- Build a new Hair Salon at Maple Crest
- Realize significant repairs and improvements at campuses: MMH elevator and entrance signage, at Hilty Home improve the sidewalk near the front entrance.
- Purchase furniture and equipment to complete renovations at Mennonite Memorial Home and Maple Crest.
- Support special projects at the Hilty Home Preschool & Child Care
“As a community partner, we feel it is very important to invest in our local community. Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio’s Brighter Lives Campaign is an extension of that vision and assists in providing quality, compassionate care to our area seniors. We thank Mennonite Home for their commitment to our community.”
–Todd Mason, President/CEO First National Bank
Join a Giving Society
Brighter Lives Fellowship: MHCO Brighter Lives Fellowship members are committed to supporting our mission and programs which serve older adults in our communities and the Hilty Home Preschool and Child Care. Fellowship members contribute $1,000 or greater during each calendar year.
- Fellowship Leaders ($5,000+)
- Fellowship Sustainers ($2,500-$4,999)
- Fellowship Partners ($1,000 – $2,499)
- Brighter Lives Friends ($500 – $999)
- Brighter Lives Donors ($1 – $499)
MHCO Legacy Society: Recognize people that have named MHCO in their will or as a beneficiary of a planned gift. To learn more visit the Planned Giving to MHCO page. To confirm your membership please fill out the MHCO Legacy Society Form.
MHCO Brighter Lives Fellowship Banquet: People and businesses making annual contributions of $1,000+ and MHCO Legacy Society members are invited to our annual MHCO Brighter Lives Fellowship Banquet in March and also receive biannual program updates.
For more information conncerning charitable gifts to MHCO, please contact Chris Moser.
Planned Giving to MHCO
For three years, MHCO received a gift of $1,000 at Christmas-time from Frieda Basinger with the instruction, “Make the elders’ lives brighter!” When Frieda died in 2009, we learned that we were the recipients of one-half of her and her late husband, James’, estate. Today, Frieda House, one of two Green House Homes, honors her spirit of generosity and commitment to the Bluffton community.
Frieda’s example of generosity, charity and intentional planning will continue to make elders’ lives brighter for many years to come. Your planned gift, whether an annual commitment of $100, an annuity, or naming MHCO as a recipient of a portion of your estate, has a lasting impact on our elders.
Examples of Planned Giving include:
- Will/Estate Gift/Retirement Plan: Name MHCO as a beneficiary of a portion of your estate or IRA.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: This provides life income for yourself while providing an immediate tax benefit and a gift to MHCO in the future.
- Appreciated Assets: MHCO is able to receive gifts of appreciated stock, property or other securities, which also have tax benefits for the donor.
- IRA Distributions: The donation of required distributions from an IRA is a win-win for donor and MHCO.
- Corporate Matching Gifts: Some businesses match employee gifts. Check with your employer.
- Gift of Residency Fee: MHCO Elders who paid a Residency Fee can gift a portion or percentage of the refund to MHCO.
- For more information concerning Legacy gifts to MHCO please contact Chris Moser.
The items below have been placed on a “Wish List” by residents and staff members. You can direct your tax-deductible contribution to the General Fund or toward a specific purpose, such as something on the Wish Lists.
Mennonite Memorial Home
- Gently Used Large Print Books or Funds to Purchase New Large Print Books
Interest to increase book selection.
- Funds to purchase DVD’s of older movies ($1,500)
People enjoy watching movies that provide great entertainment and meaningful memories. Our VHS tapes need to be changed to DVD’s.
- NuStep cross trainer ($5,800)
Allow for meaningful exercise for elders at Frieda House
- Recliner Lift Chairs ($700/each, 4 needed)
These chairs allow for greater independence and mobility for elders
- Three new Christmas trees ($160 each)
After years of use, our Christmas trees need to be replaced
- Three DVD players ($80 each)
People enjoy watching movies that provide great entertainment and meaningful memories
Hilty Preschool and Childcare
- Rectangle Craft Activity Table ($160)
This dual purpose table is used in the writing center and for lunch time. A new table would replace one that is worn out.
- Cricut machine ($300)
To assist with activities and crafts at Maple Crest.
- New aluminum furniture for pool room ($3,000)
Looking for a table 3’x 5’, 4 – arm chairs and a few lounge chairs to update the pool room.
- Lumber for the woodworking – Cherry, Poplar, Maple and Walnut
Elders enjoy making items for projects and sales. Dried boards and odd sizes for woodworking are accepted.
As a 501 © 3 organization, all contributions to MHCO are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the IRS. To learn more about how your planned gift can support our commitment to serving elders and children, please contact Chris Moser, Director of Resource Development and Church Relations at 419.358.1015, ext. 263 or via email at email@example.com.