Through prayer, time & talent, wisdom and financial support, there are many ways individuals and organizations support our mission at Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio. Our rich heritage and decades-old reputation of providing quality care comes from this support and community involvement. For all you do, we say “thank you” and invite you to help us continue this tradition.
“We pledge our continued support of MHCO for both its purpose and its promise: its purpose in serving the current needs of the elders in our community, and the comfort of its promise to serve our future needs.”
–Romaine & Don Pannabecker, community members
Brighter Lives Campaign
The Brighter Lives Annual Campaign is an important source of funds that support capital projects, activities and programs that enhance the lives of the elders and children who are part of Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio. Over $1,326,250 has been contributed to Brighter Lives since 2015.
Goals for 2022 total $300,000 and include the following components:
- NURTURE AND WELLNESS FOCUS: $80,000
- Recreation/craft room renovations to facilitate a return to group activities and events.
- Nature and Nurture Golf Cart excursions to visit local areas of interest. (Art and local nature preserve and other destinations near campus.)
- Fitness center renovation at Maple Crest to update equipment and furnishings.
- BENEVOLENT CARE: $75,000
- Help support MHCO to care for older adults who have outlived their resources. This is the growing gap in the real cost of care provided to residents and what Medicaid reimburses for services provided.
- MHCO FUND: $75,000
- Undesignated gifts are allocated to this fund. A focus is put on supporting MHCO with recovering from ongoing COVID expenses. Funds are allocated by the MHCO Board of Directors for programing and projects.
- ENDOWMENT FUND: $45,000
- Will grow the Endowment Fund which provides an annual 4% payout to support the Benevolent Care Fund. All undesignated tribute gifts are put into this fund.
- OTHER: $25,000
- Hilty Home Preschool and Child Care, Landscaping and other designated gifts.
Funds have been used to:
- Support the benevolent care fund, which helps cover the cost of care for clients without the ability to pay privately and without access to other sources of funds.
- Build a new Hair Salon at Maple Crest
- Realize significant repairs and improvements at campuses: MMH elevator and entrance signage, at Hilty Home improve the sidewalk near the front entrance.
- Purchase furniture and equipment to complete renovations at Mennonite Memorial Home and Maple Crest.
- Support special projects at the Hilty Home Preschool & Child Care
- Purchase a new handicap accessible van for medical transport needs
“As a community partner, we feel it is very important to invest in our local community. Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio’s Brighter Lives Campaign is an extension of that vision and assists in providing quality, compassionate care to our area seniors. We thank Mennonite Home for their commitment to our community.”
–Todd Mason, President/CEO First National Bank
Join a Giving Society
Brighter Lives Fellowship: MHCO Brighter Lives Fellowship members are committed to supporting our mission and programs which serve older adults in our communities and the Hilty Home Preschool and Child Care. Fellowship members contribute $1,000 or greater during each calendar year.
- Fellowship Leaders ($5,000+)
- Fellowship Sustainers ($2,500-$4,999)
- Fellowship Partners ($1,000 – $2,499)
- Brighter Lives Friends ($500 – $999)
- Brighter Lives Donors ($1 – $499)
MHCO Legacy Society: Recognize people that have named MHCO in their will or as a beneficiary of a planned gift. To learn more visit the Planned Giving to MHCO page. To confirm your membership please fill out the MHCO Legacy Society Form.
MHCO Brighter Lives Fellowship Banquet: People and businesses making annual contributions of $1,000+ and MHCO Legacy Society members are invited to our annual MHCO Brighter Lives Fellowship Banquet in March and also receive biannual program updates.
For more information conncerning charitable gifts to MHCO, please contact Chris Moser.
Planned Giving to MHCO
For three years, MHCO received a gift of $1,000 at Christmas-time from Frieda Basinger with the instruction, “Make the elders’ lives brighter!” When Frieda died in 2009, we learned that we were the recipients of one-half of her and her late husband, James’, estate. Today, Frieda House, one of two Green House Homes, honors her spirit of generosity and commitment to the Bluffton community.
Frieda’s example of generosity, charity and intentional planning will continue to make elders’ lives brighter for many years to come. Your planned gift, whether an annual commitment of $100, an annuity, or naming MHCO as a recipient of a portion of your estate, has a lasting impact on our elders.
Examples of Planned Giving include:
- Will/Estate Gift/Retirement Plan: Name MHCO as a beneficiary of a portion of your estate or IRA.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: This provides life income for yourself while providing an immediate tax benefit and a gift to MHCO in the future.
- Appreciated Assets: MHCO is able to receive gifts of appreciated stock, property or other securities, which also have tax benefits for the donor.
- IRA Distributions: The donation of required distributions from an IRA is a win-win for donor and MHCO.
- Corporate Matching Gifts: Some businesses match employee gifts. Check with your employer.
- Gift of Residency Fee: MHCO Elders who paid a Residency Fee can gift a portion or percentage of the refund to MHCO.
- For more information concerning Legacy gifts to MHCO please contact Chris Moser.
As a 501 © 3 organization, all contributions to MHCO are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the IRS. To learn more about how your planned gift can support our commitment to serving elders and children, please contact Chris Moser, Director of Resource Development and Church Relations at 419.358.1015, ext. 263 or via email at email@example.com.