Maintain an independent and active senior lifestyle while gaining peace of mind. At Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio, our independent living communities offer a variety of private living accommodations from villas to apartments, along with many provided services and amenities. Gain maintenance-free living in a community of friends.
Is Independent Living Right for Me?
Independent living homes are perfect for active, healthy seniors who no longer want to worry about household maintenance and repairs so they have more time for socialization, activities, travel, family and friends.
Many older adults choose independent living to maintain their independence and privacy while at the same time gaining the conveniences and socialization the community offers. A move to a senior community also provides future security that care and assistance is there if you or your spouse should ever need it.
What is Independent Living Like at MHCO?
- Enjoy privacy and peace of mind in your own home in a secure community surrounded by neighbors like you.
- Play cards, join a book club, participate in an exercise class or enjoy the pool. You choose how to spend your days.
- Invite your old friends to meet your new friends or host social events in one of our community rooms.
- Eliminate the responsibilities of home ownership to expand your opportunities and live your best life.
Our Available Independent Living Services & Amenities
- Villas and apartments with full kitchens, large bathrooms with safety features and large closets
- In-home emergency systems
- House cleaning, chore and laundry services available
- Trash pick-up, lawn care and snow removal included
- Included utilities, such as gas, electric, water and basic cable
- Included property liability insurance and real estate taxes
- Parking spaces and designated storage areas
- Dining options with guest meals available
- Community events and activities
- Fitness programs, swimming pool and scenic outdoor walking paths
- Year-round spiritual, social, cultural, educational and recreational opportunities