Planned Giving to MHCO
For three years, MHCO received a gift of $1,000 at Christmas-time from Frieda Basinger with the instruction, “Make the elders’ lives brighter!” When Frieda died in 2009, we learned that we were the recipients of one-half of her and her late husband, James’, estate. Today, Frieda House, one of two Green House Homes, honors her spirit of generosity and commitment to the Bluffton community.
Frieda’s example of generosity, charity and intentional planning will continue to make elders’ lives brighter for many years to come. Your planned gift, whether an annual commitment of $100, an annuity, or naming MHCO as a recipient of a portion of your estate, has a lasting impact on our elders.
Examples of Planned Giving include:
- Will/Estate Gift/Retirement Plan: Name MHCO as a beneficiary of a portion of your estate or IRA.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: This provides life income for yourself while providing an immediate tax benefit and a gift to MHCO in the future.
- Appreciated Assets: MHCO is able to receive gifts of appreciated stock, property or other securities, which also have tax benefits for the donor.
- IRA Distributions: The donation of required distributions from an IRA is a win-win for donor and MHCO.
- Corporate Matching Gifts: Some businesses match employee gifts. Check with your employer.
- Gift of Residency Fee: MHCO Elders who paid a Residency Fee can gift a portion or percentage of the refund to MHCO.
- For more information concerning Legacy gifts to MHCO please contact Chris Moser.
As a 501 © 3 organization, all contributions to MHCO are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the IRS. To learn more about how your planned gift can support our commitment to serving elders and children, please contact Chris Moser, Director of Resource Development and Church Relations at 419.358.1015, ext. 263 or via email at email@example.com.