Willow Ridge, our newest community, includes the latest model in nursing home care – Green House homes. This innovative concept creates a comfortable environment where privacy, dignity and individualized care are the primary focus.
Featuring the first Green House homes in Ohio, Willow Ridge is designed to keep the elder in the role of decision maker. Each resident has a private bedroom and caregivers, called the Shahbazim. The Shahbaz and nurse work with the elder and their family to create a household of love and support. In fact, research shows that Green House residents have four times more personal and social contact than residents of traditional nursing homes.
Green House Living
Willow Ridge adheres to the five P.E.A.R.L.S of Green Housing living:
- Preferences: Elders rule! They are actively involved in decisions of their care and activities.
- Environment: Private bedrooms and more. See a full listing of services & amenities below.
- Accessibility: Financial barriers are minimized. Private pay and Medicaid accepted.
- Relationships: Caregivers transform the institution of nursing home into a household of love.
- Life: Homes are meant to provide opportunities to engage and live purposefully.
Services & Amenities
- Private rooms with full private bathrooms.
- Common hearth room with fireplace, sofas and recliners.
- A front porch, back patio and large back yard for visiting and enjoying God’s creation.
- Patio-connected homes with a secure garden walkway, allowing neighbors to easily visit one another.
- Excellent staff-to-resident ratio in comparison to traditional nursing home setting.
- Activities include Bible studies, birthday celebrations, games, social events and more.
- Wi-Fi for residents and guests.
- Salon and spa.
- Flexible meal times.
- Home-cooked meals prepared in the family-style open kitchen.
- Integrated ceiling lifts in every room.
- Secure medicine cabinets in each room.
“It has always been our family’s prayer to be able keep Mom and Dad together as long as possible. Through the grace of God he lead us to the MHCO community and to Willow Ridge, Frieda House specifically. We never imagined we’d find a beautiful home which has become an extension of our family. This community understands how to enrich and support the Elders and their loved ones physically, mentally and spiritually. How blessed are we to be a part of Willow Ridge.”
– Lisa Taylor