Donate Your Time and Talents
Volunteers are integral members of our communities. Through the Service Group of MHCO, these volunteers enhance the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of our senior residents and home-bound clients. We appreciate all our volunteers do – from those who can only donate a few hours on one-time projects to those who are looking for a more long-term opportunity.
What role does a volunteer fill at Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio?
Working in conjunction with the MHCO staff, you can share your time and talents in a variety of ways with residents in our senior living communities or our home-bound clients in the Bluffton and Pandora areas. Established in 1954, the Service Group continues to provide significant support to our elders. In 2016, more than 380 volunteers contributed 7,000+ hours of time.
Some examples of volunteer opportunities on our campuses include:
- Do you love to talk about God, current events or politics? Put that talent to good use by leading a discussion group.
- Are you a board game aficionado or love playing cards? We are looking for volunteers to play table games with residents.
- Is party or event planning your specialty? We need help hosting programs for our residents.
- Do you play piano or are you a part of a performing group? We’d love to have you share your talents with our residents.
- Are you an outdoor person who likes to garden, help with weeding or watering?
If you prefer more one-on-one interactions, you could:
- Read to those with visual impairments.
- Deliver mail to residents.
- Deliver Mobile Meals.
- Pass out evening snacks.
- Assist elders to chapel for worship.
- Take photos during activities.
Some of our off-campus volunteer roles include:
- Accompanying residents on outings.
- Providing transportation for elders living in their own homes in the community.
Looking for more information on volunteering or ways to give?
For more information on volunteering, free to contact our community representatives:
- Benji Bergstrand at 419.358.1015, ext. 248, at Mennonite Memorial Home or Willow Ridge.
- Debbie Mohr at 419.358.1015, ext. 106, at Maple Crest.
- Dee Steffen at 419.384.3218 at Hilty Home.
As a nonprofit, there are many ways individuals and organizations can support our mission at Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio. We have wish lists, planned giving and various campaigns. Learn more on Ways to Give to MHCO.
From all of us at MHCO, we appreciate your support in helping with our mission to celebrate and provide for our elders.