Donate Your Time and Talents
Volunteer at MHCO! Volunteers are integral members of our communities. Our volunteers enhance the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of our senior residents and home-bound clients. We appreciate all our volunteers do – from those who can only donate a few hours on one-time projects to those who are looking for a more long-term opportunity, such as involvement with The Service Group of MHCO.
What role does a volunteer fill at Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio?
Working in conjunction with the MHCO staff, you can share your time and talents in a variety of ways with residents in our senior living communities in Bluffton and Pandora. Established in 1954, the Service Group continues to provide significant support to our elders. In 2020, more than 323 volunteers contributed 3,850+ hours of time in what ended up being a challenging year due to COVID-19.
Some examples of volunteer opportunities on our campuses include:
- Do you love to talk about God, current events or politics? Put that talent to good use by leading a discussion group.
- Are you a board game aficionado or love playing cards? We are looking for volunteers to play table games with residents.
- Is party or event planning your specialty? We need help hosting programs for our residents.
- Do you play piano or are you a part of a performing group? We’d love to have you share your talents with our residents.
- Are you an outdoor person who likes to garden, help with weeding or watering?
If you prefer more one-on-one interactions, you could:
- Read to those with visual impairments.
- Deliver mail to residents.
- Deliver Mobile Meals.
- Pass out evening snacks.
- Assist elders to chapel for worship.
- Take photos during activities.
Some of our off-campus volunteer roles include:
- Accompanying residents on outings.
- Providing transportation for elders to medical appointments.
Looking for more information on volunteering or ways to give?
For more information on volunteering, please contact our community representatives:
- Chris Moser at 419.358.1015, ext. 263, for any MHCO location.
- Kristen Niekamp at 419.358.1015, ext. 226, at Mennonite Memorial Home or Willow Ridge.
- De Michel at 419.358.1015, ext. 106, at Maple Crest.
As a nonprofit, there are many ways individuals and organizations can support our mission at Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio. We have wish lists, planned giving, various campaigns and volunteer tasks and projects. Learn more on Ways to Give to MHCO.
From all of us at MHCO, we appreciate your support in helping with our mission to celebrate and provide for our elders.