Welcome to Mennonite Memorial Home
Schedule a visit today: 419.358.1015
Mennonite Memorial Home is an 18-acre continuing care community in Bluffton, Ohio. From independent living villas to assisted living, dementia care, long-term care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation, the campus is designed to allow residents to age in place. The buildings, grounds, and recreational areas all lend a feeling of quiet confidence and serenity. Residents of the MMH community benefit from an environment that supports their independence with additional services nearby if needed.
Skilled Nursing Care at Mennonite Memorial Home
Our skilled nursing center is home to residents who need long-term care, dementia care, or short-term rehabilitation services.
- Skilled Nursing and Short-term Rehab
Patients in our short-term rehab and sub-acute programs have typically had a surgery, an illness or an accident and are working their way back to independence. They recover in a private room complete with a flat-screen television and phone of their own. Our medical and rehabilitative services work together to help patients meet their goals and return home. The therapy and skilled nursing staff work together on complex medical needs ranging from joint replacement rehab to stroke recovery and wound care. We are a recognized leader in helping patients return to their highest functional level and transition home.
We are the only provider in the Bluffton area that offers aquatic therapy in our own heated, indoor pool located on the Maple Crest campus.
Additional skilled nursing and rehab services include:
- IV therapy
- Wound care
- Post-surgical care
- Continuous Passive Motion Machine (CPM)
- E-stim therapy
- Restorative care
- VitalStim therapy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Strength training
- Gait and balance training
- Range of motion exercises
- Special diets
- Long-term Nursing Care
In our nursing care area, our staff is devoted to caring for those who require help and supervision by licensed nurses and nurse aides around the clock. Our included amenities are:
- Private or semi-private room
- Three nutritious meals daily
- Linens and personal laundry
- Basic cable television
- Life enrichment activities
- Restorative therapy
- Physical therapy, Occupational therapy, Speech therapy
- General and personal supplies
Assisted Living at Mennonite Memorial Home
Residents in our assisted living apartments live in a supportive environment while maintaining their sense of independence. Our neighbor caring for neighbor lifestyle promotes a warm and inviting atmosphere. The studio and one-bedroom apartments offer every convenience of home.
Amenities included in MMH Assisted Living are:
- Three nutritiously balanced meals a day
- Wellness services and 24-hour staff support, including on-site nurses
- Life enrichment programs and social activities
- Weekly laundering of bed linens, towels, and personal items, as well as apartment cleaning
- All utilities except telephone, Internet and extended cable television
- Emergency call system
- Medication reminders and assistance
- Scheduled local transportation for medical appointments
- Personal care including bath, dressing, and incontinence care
- Priority admission to our skilled nursing and rehab center if the need arises
- Maintenance of apartment and appliances
- Trash pick-up, lawn care, and snow removal
- Mail delivery to individual mailboxes
Assisted Living Memory Care at Mennonite Memorial Home
If your loved one has Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia, our Memory Care program, referred to as Dogwood Hall, can be your solution. We care for only a maximum of 10 residents in this specialized program. That means your loved one receives the personal attention he or she needs in a calm environment that maximizes their capabilities. Our licensed professional nurses and specially trained staff provide care and supervision 24-hours a day.
Residents in our Memory Care program have their own daily life enrichment programming, and a dedicated living room and dining area.
Amenities included in our Memory Care program:
- Weekly laundering of bed linens, towels and personal items, as well as apartment cleaning
- Wellness services and 24-hour staff support, including on-site nurses
- Social, educational and recreational opportunities
- All utilities except phone services
- 24-hour emergency response system
- Maintenance of apartment
- Trash pick-up, lawn care and snow removal
- Mail delivery to each apartment
- Medication administration
- Personal care
- Special dementia care programming
- Priority admission to nursing care at MMH or Willow Ridge if the need arises
- Up to ten days of temporary nursing care at MMH per year when needed without charge
- Additional services are available for a supplemental fee, such as beauty salon and barber and guest meals
Independent Living at Mennonite Memorial Home
Mennonite Memorial Home offers spacious villas for those who are looking for independent living without the hassles of home ownership. Home repairs, interior and exterior maintenance, lawn care, snow removal, sewer, water, taxes, and insurance are all included in duplex amenities. Villa residents also have access to the lap pool, hot tub, and fitness room in the Maple Crest main building.
Equally important to residents and their families is the peace of mind that comes from knowing help is available if needed. Our villas all feature a 24-hour emergency response system. Residents also have priority for admission to our assisted living or skilled nursing if needed. An important advantage for Mennonite Memorial Home independent living villa residents is that ten days of temporary skilled nursing care is included per year.
Available Amenities at an Additional Cost:
- Any or all meals
- Personal laundry
- Morning well-being checks
- Special house cleaning
- Home Health services
Memory Care at Mennonite Memorial Home
If your loved one has Alzheimer's diesase or a related dementia, Mennonite Memorial Home offers specialized Memory Care programs in our long-term nursing and assisted living areas to meet their needs. Our Memory Care environments are kept small so that your loved one receives personal attention he or she needs in a calm environment that maximizes their capabilities. Our registered nurses and licensed professional nurses along with our specially trained staff provide care and supervision 24 hours a day. Evergreen Hall provides a caring and safe environment for those in need of long-term nursing care. This area features a dedicated sunroom and dining area along with access to a secure patio with secure walking paths in Sycamore Gardens. Dogwood Hall, our assisted living Memory Care area, is home to up to 10 elders. Dogwood features a homestyle environment where elders share a living room and dining room. In addition to the assisted living services (above), elders in Dogwood receive assistance with personal care and medication administration, all of which are included in the daily rate.
This full spectrum of senior housing and health care services allows MMH residents to age in place in a setting they can call home. To learn more about MMH or to schedule a visit, please call Brenda at 419.358.1015, ext.225.