Earlier this week, the Ohio Department of Health released the “7th Amended Director’s Order to Limit Access to Ohio’s Nursing Homes and Similar Facilities, with Exceptions”. This order allows us to expand access to resident visitation. Our policies have been adjusted to reflect this new order, with the most significant change being the allowance of visits in a “single, private resident room”. Here are the current indoor visitation schedules and updated policies at each campus:
Willow Ridge –
- Any day 9:30a – 11:30a, 1:30p – 4:30p, or 6p – 9p.
Willow Ridge Visitation Policy
Maple Crest –
- M-F: 9-11 am and 2-4 pm
- Wed and Sun evenings 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm.
Hilty Home –
- Tues, Thurs 9:30 am – 11:00 am and 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Saturday 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Mennonite Memorial Home –
- 9:30a – 11:30a
- 1:30p – 4:00p
- 6:00p – 9:00p
Mennonite Memorial Home Visitation Policy
While each campus’ guidelines will be slightly different to accommodate differences in schedules, staff, and building layouts, all have the following guidelines based on the most recent Director’s Order:
- When you interact with others, there is always a risk of COVID-19 transmission. Following these safety measures will reduce, but not eliminate the risk.
- Visit Location: All resident visits will take place at a designated visitation area. A designated visitation area shall include a private single resident room. Visitors shall be escorted to and from the designated visitation area by staff of the building using the most direct route. Visitors are asked not to use the resident’s personal restrooms – if a restroom is needed, staff can escort visitors to an appropriate restroom designated for visitors.
- All visits should be scheduled in advance
- All visitors should be an age of maturity to facilitate social distancing and be able to wear a face covering.
- No more than two visitors shall be permitted per resident per visit.
- If you are experiencing any unusual signs or symptoms, however slight, we ask that you postpone your visit and schedule once you ensure there are no health related concerns.
- All visitors will be pre-screened
- Your visit is encouraged to be “contact free”, meaning social distance is kept from one another during the visit of at least 6 feet. However, if the resident is fully vaccinated (>2 weeks following receipt of final dose of vaccine) the resident can choose to have close contact (including touch) with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting face mask and performing hand-hygiene before and after.
- Visitors and elder must wash/sanitize their hands prior to and after visiting.
The full campus-specific policies and guidelines can be found in the links above. To schedule a visit, call your loved one’s main campus number during normal business hours.
Thank you for your patience as we work through this complicated process to allow for safe visits. Please stay safe and continue to wear a mask and follow social distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19 in the community.