We have a plan that supports residents making visits outside the Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio campuses. Please know that MHCO plans are subject to change based on the spread of COVID-19 and state orders that pertain to congregant living.
The full plan and guidelines can be found here: https://mhcoliving.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Christmas-Guidelines-2020-2.pdf
Some of the basic requirements include:
- Outings must be scheduled in advance, by Monday 3:00 pm.
- Residents remain at one location.
- Gatherings with a resident limited to fewer than 10 people, preferably from the same household.
- The resident and household shall wear masks (except when eating) social distance, and wash hands frequently.
- Residents are required to shower upon return to MHCO and immediately launder clothing.
- Residents will remain in quarantine for two weeks upon return.
The success of this plan for resident social outings will help us move forward on future opportunities.
COVID has limited the ways we express love and care for one another through embracing, hand holding, and shared meals. Please plan your activities with the safety and well-being of residents and our communities.
We give thanks to God for the gift of your lives and friendships across the Mennonite Home Communities.